Downtown Square Project
View Photos of the Square Renovation in Progress
Information on the Downtown Square Project
- The project is scheduled to start April 17.
- The budget cost is $1.5M.
- The project is a TAP (Transportation Alternative Project) through ALDOT.
- The City and County both applied for the grant and received the grants.
- The total grant money thru ALDOT is $800,000.
- The City also received an ARC grant for $200,000.
Downtown Square Project Plan
- The project will consist of replacing the current pea-gravel sidewalks with stamped, patterned colored concrete.
- The corners and mid-blocks will be brick pavers.
- The access to inner loop of square will also be altered.
- New trees and bushes will be planted.