APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR POSTED POSITION(S) ONLY.
1 Position Available
You may submit your application online or come by Scottsboro City Hall, 316 S.Broad St., Scottsboro, AL 35768 and pick up an application.
SCOTTSBORO POLICE DEPARTMENT
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015
Removal: Thursday, April 9, 2015
Position: Police Officer
Range: $2,183.56 - $3,846.18 monthly
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Under the direction of the Sergeant - Patrol, the employee performs police patrol duties for the City. The work requires considerable and strenuous physical exertion. Including climbing, lifting objects over 50 lbs, defending oneself or others from physical attack. Must maintain excellent community and police relationships by making positive contact with people in neighborhoods, schools, and business district.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED required
- Possess APOST certification or the ability to obtain within six months
- Ability to participate in continuing education to maintain certification(s)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Possess a current and valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass extensive background investigation and psychological test
- Ability to pass stat agility and physical abilities test
- Ability to pass written test
Job Domains, Skills, and Abilities:
- Patrol Operations: Attend daily shift meeting, receive assignments and check paperwork from previous shift. Make security checks of residential and commercial property. Respond to all emergency situations, secure and safeguard major crime scenes, ensure police equipment is functioning properly, including patrol car and firearms. Operate vehicle computer.
- Traffic Control: Direct traffic in various areas as needed. Assist county and state law enforcement personnel within the City police jurisdiction. Provide escorts for funerals, parades, oversized loads, or emergency personnel. Assist stranded motorists. Enforce Uniform Traffic Code (Title 32): routine traffic stops for moving violations: issue required citations. Operate moving and stationary radar for traffic speed control. Perform DUI field tests and operate and administer Draeger Alcohol Test. Respond to traffic accidents and complete all related accident reports.
- Court Responsibilities: Serve and execute arrest warrants, subpoenas and other court orders. Testify and prepare documents for court. Provide transport for prisoners. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must have knowledge of Accident Manual, Alabama Criminal Code, and Alabama Motor Vehicle Laws. Knowledge of use and maintenance of different types of weapons, including proper use and maintenance of standard issue firearms. This position requires excellent listening, writing, safe driving skills, and must qualify annually in use of firearms.
City of Scottsboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer