Scottsboro Residential Collection Info
Need a garbage can at your residence? Contact us online or call the Solid Waste Department at (256)259-5548.
- Garbage must be in a city provided can.
- Place the can curbside or at other Department approved location by 6:00 a.m. on your collection day. It should be removed to its normal storage place that night.
- Please do not place it within 5 feet of any obstruction such as a mailbox, vehicle, or tree.
- The handle and wheels should be toward your yard. Residents must maintain the cleanliness of their cart. It is recommended that you bag all wastes to help maintain cleanliness.
- Please do not overload these cans or put hot ashes, liquids, or other materials that could damage it.
- Cans are the property of the City and will stay with the home in the event that the resident moves.
- Cans are available in 95 Gallon size. Residents may request an additional can for an extra monthly fee. Additional cans requested must be kept for a minimum of 6 months, after that you can choose to have the can removed.
Pickup Routes and Other InfoView a list of Residential pickup routes here.
- Garbage service is provided weekly. A holiday schedule is provided on this site or you may call the office at (256) 259-5548.
- Please note that the City does not pick up liquids, paints, or other hazardous type materials.
- Special precautions need to be taken for disposal of medical wastes. Please contact the Scottsboro Solid Waste Department for proper disposal of these types of materials.