1. Print an application : Business License Application
2. Determine the type or scope of business(s) that you will/are performing in the City of Scottsboro. Then locate the NAICS Code for this type of business. You can find the NAICS Code listing here.
3. When you find your NAICS code you will notice a 1 or 2 digit number to the right of it, this is your fee schedule number. View the Fee Schedule here.
4. Use this fee schedule number to determine the amount you owe for your business license. Most businesses base this on their previous years Gross Receipts, if available.
5. In the case of a new business, the amount owed will be based on the CONTRACT AMOUNT or the PROJECTED REVENUE of the business for the current year.
6. Print the business owners name on the line provided and also date and sign by the owner or representative.
7. Bring your finished application to Scottsboro City Hall (Map our Location) during business hours (8 A.M.- 4:30 P.M.).
8. You can also mail in your application with a check for the amount owed to: 316 S Broad Street, Scottsboro, AL 35768